The way the sync process works across devices is the following:
An entry is made on one device (device A)
Device B needs to
a) "Pull to refresh" on any table or
b) Close and open the app to refresh the app and view this entry
How to to Join Devices
- Open the app on your device and go to the More tab > Settings > Join Devices
- Be sure to enter the PIN found on the device you are joining (and not the PIN on your device).
- IMPORTANT: Be sure that the child name and birth details on your device match exactly what is entered on the device you are joining. If there are multiple children in the app you are joining, ALL children and details need to be entered on YOUR device and match the app you are joining.
One of the most common issues when joining devices is that there is a duplicate child profile in one of the apps. To check for this, tap the Child Selector in the top right corner of the app on all devices trying to join and sync. If any devices have an extra child profile or the children don't match, you can edit/add a child from this screen. You can also swipe to delete a child profile.
Do I Have to Buy the App on All Devices?
Below is information around installing Sprout Baby on other devices without having to pay for it again.
- Devices Use the Same Apple ID:
You can install Sprout on other devices without having to pay for it again as long as the other devices use the same Apple ID. If you have already purchased the app on one device, on the other devices, you can tap the "BUY" button in the top left corner of the app and then tap the "Restore Your Purchase" button. Enter your Apple ID info and then you'll restore your purchase onto this device.
- Devices Use Different Apple IDs:
If one person has already paid for the app, you can have the other device download the "free trial" version of the app here. Then have this device go to More > Settings > Join Devices and follow the prompts and join your PIN. They won't have to pay for the app this way.
If the person trying to join gets a message stating they need to purchase the app to join a backup, email our support team with your PIN and we can fix this issue for you.
Data Not Syncing?
- Check your wi-fi / cellular connection on all devices and be sure you have a good wi-fi or cellular signal before opening the app.
- Check that your wifi router has the latest firmware installed
- Check Backup and Restore status on all devices: In the app, go to More > Settings > Backup and Restore. Be sure that your text and photo entries are backed up. If they are not, go to the next step.
- Close and reopen the app on all devices: Try closing and reopening the app on the devices that are not showing the records. Make sure you see the “spinner” in the top left corner of the device spin and finish spinning. This means that all data has been sent and received. If this does not work, please go to the next step. You can also pull down any table to sync/refresh the screen with the latest data.
If you are still having trouble syncing, please contact us at email@example.com and we can continue to look into the issue for you.